Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Match 1: Widnes Wild Women 8 - Solway Sharks Ladies 8 (Challenge Match)

Sunday 22nd September 2019 - Challenge Match
Widnes Wild Women 8 - Solway Sharks Ladies 8



Wirral Historian Bob Knowles presents the Edith Smith Memorial Awards to MVPs from Solway Sharks Ladies – Kimberley Breingan – and Widnes Wild Women’s – Catherine Bowen-Fell.  (Photos by Paul Breeze).
After the game, Bob - from the Oxton Historical Society - said: "I’m extremely glad you invited me to the match. It was an absolutely splendid experience. I spent the whole match standing up so that I could see all the action. Everybody was very welcoming and it was, I’ll have to say, an unforgettable experience."






You can read the match report HERE

and watch the video highlights HERE





Inspector Victoria Holden and Superintendent Louise Harrison  present the match puck to Captains Karen Craig of Solway and Emma Pearson of Widnes, respectively.  (Photo by Paul Breeze).